These gluten-free wings feature an easy, flavor-packed spice rub and a sweet-and-savory sauce that you can make as spicy as you like.
- Wing Seasoning
- 3 pounds Smart Chicken party wings
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoons pepper
- 1½ teaspoons granulated onion
- 1½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 6 green onions, sliced thin (reserve ½ for garnish)
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped, for garnish
- 6 tablespoons gluten-free tamari soy sauce
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- ¼ cup agave syrup or honey
- ½ cup water
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Vietnamese chile-garlic sauce (or more for spicier wings)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fish sauce
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a bowl, combine all the wing seasoning ingredients and mix well. Toss in the wings and coat them evenly in the mixture. Transfer the seasoned wings to a parchment-lined sheet pan, spacing them evenly to ensure even cooking.
Roast in the oven until done and crispy (about 25 minutes), turning them halfway through cooking.
While the wings are cooking, combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan, making sure to reserve the cilantro and ½ of the green onions for later garnish. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until it reduces and thickens, about 20 minutes. (The sauce will thicken as it cools, so be careful not to cook it too long.)
Once the wings are cooked and the sauce is finished, combine them in a bowl and toss well to coat the wings evenly with the sauce.
Arrange the wings on a platter and garnish with green onions and cilantro to serve.