Savory sun-dried tomatoes and other classic Tuscan flavors make this easy recipe hearty and healthy.
- 1 pound Smart Chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces brown mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, for serving
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, then add the chicken and brown for 3 minutes on each side.
Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the sliced mushrooms in a single layer and brown, working in batches, a few minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, and sundried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the oregano, thyme, beans, diced tomatoes, and sugar.
Transfer the chicken back to the pan and spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over top of the chicken. Cook, covered, on the stovetop until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling, about ten minutes. Return the mushrooms to the pan. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.