Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- 5 ounces frozen, chopped spinach
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup chopped, oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 pound boneless skinless Smart Chicken breasts or thighs
- Salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place the spinach in a clean kitchen towel, twist the towel around the spinach and wring it out until the spinach is dry. Mix together the spinach, artichokes, cheese, tomatoes, and basil.
For chicken breasts, insert knife halfway through the chicken breast (horizontally) and swing the knife in a half-circle motion to create a pocket. Fill the chicken with the spinach mixture, pushing it to the bottom of the pocket until filled. Secure the opening with a wooden toothpick.
For chicken thighs, lay them out and pound to flatten until approximately ⅛-inch thick. Top with a spoonful of spinach mixture and tightly roll it up. Secure the seam with toothpicks, or tie with kitchen twine.
Transfer chicken to a baking dish, and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Bake 30 to 35 minutes for chicken thighs and 35 to 45 minutes for chicken breasts, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.