Smoked Paprika & Mustard Compound Butter
by Johnny Loua, Chef, Seattle, Washington
Compound butter can be used in a variety of application: roasting chicken, root vegetables, or potatoes, serving over corn, green beans, sweet potatoes, winter squash, and other seasonal favorites, or simply for serving alongside bread, rolls, or tea cakes.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well until incorporated. Transfer to a sealable container and refrigerate until ready to use.