This is a fun and easy party dish. It’s also great for the grill—just remember to soak your bamboo skewers in water ahead of time for about 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Sesame-Marinated Chicken Tenders
- 16 Smart Chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Place chicken tenders in a zip-top bag and pour marinade over, making sure the marinade is completely coating the chicken. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
Pre-heat your oven to 350°F. Skewer the tenders lengthwise. When ready to cook, heat a grill pan, large sauté pan, or grill to medium heat. Carefully sear the tenderloins for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a pan and finish cooking for about 2 minutes in the oven, basting with the Agave-Ginger Glaze (recipe follows).
- Agave-Ginger Glaze
- ¼ cup ginger, minced
- ¼ cup Fresno chiles, minced (or substitute jalapeños)
- ½ cup agave
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of salt
In a small saucepot over medium heat, combine all ingredients and cook for 15 minutes. You are looking for a light glaze. Adjust seasoning with salt.