Shredded Chicken Cabbage Wraps
by Kathy Kaehler, Trainer, Spokesperson, and Author, Woodland Hills, California
Who knew cabbage made an awesome wrap. For this recipe try savoy or red cabbage. These are delicious served warm or at room temperature. For lunch or dinner, the protein, flavor and crunch will make these wraps a new favorite.
- 1 red or green cabbage, use 4 whole leaves.
- 2 boneless skinless Smart Chicken breasts, boiled. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the broth from pot.
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- drizzle of olive oil
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green Anaheim chile pepper
- handful of flat Italian parsley, chopped
Boil chicken in a pot until cooked completely through, about 10 to 12 minutes. For additional flavor, boil in a low sodium chicken or veggie broth. Remove from pot and cut through to make sure it is opaque. Set aside to cool.
In a medium skillet, sauté the onion in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until translucent. In a large bowl shred the chicken, add onions, parsley and pepper.
In a separate small bowl, mix together the tahini and the barbecue sauce. Add the reserved chicken broth to finish the dressing. Pour over chicken and gently blend. Scoop into the cabbage cups and enjoy.