Sesame Chicken Sliders
by Alex Sazama, Chef, Swig Restaurant, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 pound ground Smart Chicken
- ½ teaspoon black sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Salt, to taste
- 8 slider buns
- Handful of fresh arugula
Preheat grill to high heat and oil the grill grates.
Mix all ingredients together and form into 8 (2-ounce) patties. Season the patties with salt and place on a hot grill until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F, about 4 minutes per side.
Toast the slider bun. Place the grilled chicken patty on the bun and top with mango salsa and fresh arugula.
- Mango Salsa
- ½ mango, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- ½ serrano pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 1½ tablespoons teriyaki sauce
Combine all ingredients and set aside.
Pairing: New Glarus Brewing Company’s Moon Man (an American pale ale)