- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, halved, deseeded, and quartered
- 1 sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pasilla chiles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 slices slightly toasted bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
Preheat the oven at 400°F.
Toss the tomatoes, pepper, onion, garlic, and chiles with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Spread them evenly on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Every few minutes, toss them around so they roast evenly. Remove roasted vegetables from the oven and let cool slightly. In a blender or food processor, combine the roasted vegetables, almonds, and bread, then slowly mix in the olive oil.
Add vinegar and paprika and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside. Serve with Smart Chicken skewers.