Potato salad is a summertime favorite. This recipe uses roasted potatoes for a bit of that subtle smoky flavor.
Try mixing several different varieties of sweet potatoes like Covington, Garnet, or Beauregard. You can also add creamy Yukon Gold or red new potatoes.
- 3½ potatoes (mixture of Garnet sweet, Covington sweet and Yukon Gold)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400?F.
Peel the potatoes. Chop into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Mix to thoroughly coat the potatoes. Spread in an even single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven to roast for 35 to 40 minutes until tender and golden. Set aside to cool.
While the potatoes are cooling, combine the vinegar and mustard in a small bowl and slowly whisk in the oil until all is incorporated.
Season with salt and pepper and pour over the potato mixture. Once the potatoes have cooled, add the red onion, chives and dill and toss with the dressing to coat the potatoes evenly.
Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.