Pineapple, Corn & Black Bean Salsa
Some of summer’s best ingredients join for a fresh salsa that can be eaten on its own, with chips, or alongside your favorite cut of chicken. For a less spicy salsa, substitute bell pepper for the green chile peppers.
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green chile peppers, chopped (jalapeño, serrano, or habanero)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cumin, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, toss together pineapple, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, corn, black beans, onions, green chile peppers, orange juice, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.