Panko Chicken Tenders
by Amber Pankonin, Registered Dietitian, Beginning Well, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 1 to 1½ pounds Smart Chicken tenders
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- 2 teaspoons Frank's RedHot Original hot sauce
- ½ to ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
In a small, shallow bowl, combine milk and hot sauce and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, and pepper and set aside. Dip each chicken tender in the hot sauce mixture and then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with Cauliflower Dip (recipe follows).
- Cauliflower Dip
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 (5- or 6-ounce) container nonfat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
In a microwave-safe dish, cover the cauliflower with water. Microwave for 5 minutes. Strain cauliflower from water and let cool. Once cooled, chop the cauliflower into small chunks. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, Worcestershire, black pepper, salt, and parmesan cheese. Add the chopped cauliflower to the yogurt mixture and carefully fold in chives.