A full palette of flavors converges here with sweet dates, flavorful Italian Chicken sausage, and a pinch of red pepper. Sure to be a big hit at your next party.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms (about 2 pounds), stemmed, caps reserved and stems finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Smart Chicken fresh sweet Italian sausage links, casings removed
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup diced medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until lightly browned and almost cooked through. Place sausage in food processor and process until
finely chopped then add back into skillet with onions, garlic, diced mushroom stems, and dates. Cook until onions are translucent, then add parsley and red pepper flakes.
Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Stuff each mushroom cap with sausage mixture and place on greased baking pan. Bake until tops are lightly browned and mushrooms are cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
Pairing: Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir