This delicious dip is healthy and easy to prepare. It contains very little fat and lots of fiber and protein, so it’s perfect for indulging! The ingredients are flexible, too, so you can improvise as necessary to accommodate what you have available. Serve as chicken salad on bread or bruschetta, or over greens. It’s guaranteed to be a hit at your next party!
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 pound ground Smart Chicken
- 1 cup chopped shallots, leeks, or green onion
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 cup cooked lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium or spicy - your choice)
- 7 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 cups chopped green onion
- 1-2 cups chopped colored peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pita chips
Heat Canola oil in heavy bottomed pan. Season the raw ground Smart Chicken with salt, then cook in the pan with shallots over medium heat just until it reaches 165ºF. Cool cooked chicken. Once the chicken has cooled, make sure the chicken is finely crumbled, then mix it together with all the ingredients except cilantro. Place in a serving dish and top with chopped cilantro. Serve with pita chips.
Pairing: Serve with your favorite beer or wine.