Herbed Grilled Chicken
by Benjamin Maides, Chef, Au Courant Regional Kitchen, Omaha, Nebraska
- 4 Smart Chicken boneless skinless breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for seasoning vegetables
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, zested
- Seasonal vegetables
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Lay each chicken breast flat on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, carefully split each breast lengthwise. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss chicken breasts until coated. Cover chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken until a digital thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the breast registers 165°F.
Toss vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill alongside the chicken, until desired doneness.
Let chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Top with freshly chopped tarragon before serving.