Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Making ground Smart Chicken lettuce wraps is a great way to showcase how delicious and healthful ground chicken can be. Whether served as a dinner party appetizer or simply as a weeknight meal with the family, Ground Smart Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect foray into discovering how delicious ground Smart Chicken can really be.
- 16 Boston Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 pound ground Smart Chicken
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not to tear them. Set aside. In a medium skillet over high heat, brown the ground Smart Chicken in oil, stirring often. Drain and set aside to cool. Cook the onion in the same pan, stirring frequently. Add the garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar, and chili pepper sauce to the onions, and stir. Stir in chopped water chestnuts, green onions, ground chicken, and sesame oil, and continue cooking until the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter, and place meat mixture in the center. To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the meat into a lettuce leaf. Wrap the lettuce around the meat like a burrito.