- 8 wooden skewers
- 8 ounces pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Fruit, cut into 1-inch pieces (Consider pineapple, melon, bananas, strawberries, and peaches)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Thread skewers, alternating fruit and cake pieces. Brush fruit with a little melted butter and grill over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Remove from grill and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Chocolate Sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- 6 ounces quality semisweet chocolate, chopped
Place chocolate pieces in a medium bowl and set aside. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat milk, cream, and orange liqueur until just about to boil. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate, whisking until smooth.