Grilled Chicken Tender Caprese
by Nick Mastrascusa, Chef, Kukio Golf & Beach Club, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
This easy recipe brings together fresh flavors and a quick, healthy lunch or dinner.
- 6 Smart Chicken tenders
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces Fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- ¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pinch black pepper, to taste
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper and grill on both sides until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
To serve, layer the chicken tenders, sliced tomatoes, mozzarella slices, and basil leaves in a shallow bowl. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil over stop and season with sea salt and black pepper.
Pairing: Scalabrone, Guado al Tasso 2014