This recipe provides a delicious addition to any cookout, and can easily be doubled or tripled for larger crowds.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pinches freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- 1½ pounds grilled Smart Chicken (boneless skinless breasts or thighs), sliced
- 6 strips cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a small bowl, make the vinaigrette by combining all ingredients except olive oil. Whisk until combined. Gradually add olive oil while whisking. Store in a sealed container or jar and refrigerate until ready to use. This vinaigrette can be stored up to two weeks.
Spread the romaine onto a large platter. Arrange the chicken, bacon, cheese, avocado, eggs, and tomatoes in neat rows. Drizzle enough vinaigrette over the salad to lightly coat and serve.