Whether you’re hosting a game day party or planning a cookout for a sunny weekend, these gluten-free chicken burgers definitely pack a flavorful punch.
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces coleslaw mix (about 4 cups)
- 1 pound ground Smart Chicken
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns, toasted
- ¼ cup chunky gluten-free blue cheese dressing
In medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and salt. Add coleslaw and toss until thoroughly coated. Refrigerate until needed.
In large bowl mix together ground chicken, steak seasoning, scallions, and celery. Wet hands, and form into four, 1-inch-thick burger patties.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add burgers and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature is 165° F. Remove burgers and transfer to a plate to rest. Decrease heat to low and add buffalo wing sauce to pan. Return burgers back to sauce in pan, turning to coat both sides, about 1 minute.
Place burger on bottom of toasted bun, and top with marinated coleslaw. Drizzle with blue cheese dressing and top with hamburger bun top.
Pairing: Bard's gluten-free Tale Ale