This recipe makes a fresh and light summer meal.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Smart Chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 to 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Thread cherry tomatoes, slices of red onions, and green bell peppers onto soaked skewers in between pieces of chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for about ten minutes on medium-high heat, turning occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are soft. Serve with Pesto-Ranch Dipping Sauce (recipe follows).
- Pesto-Ranch Dipping Sauce
- Makes about 2 cups of sauce
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup pesto
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch of pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.