This salad can be served as a side dish or as a meal in itself.
- 3 cups Smart Chicken, poached or cooked and diced into 1/2 –inch chucks
- 1/2 pound pole beans, trimmed (or substitute flat Roma beans or string beans)
- 1.4 pounds cranberry red potatoes (or substitute other firm-fleshed potato)
- 7 green onions, thinly sliced, on the bias
- 1/3 cup Calamata olives, halved and pitted
- 2/3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing, except the olive oil, and mix well. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Set aside.
Cut a potato in half lengthwise. Place one half cut-side down and slice in half lengthwise again, then cut into 1/4-inch slices.
Blanch the pole beans in a large pot of boiling salted water for about 5 minutes, or until they are tender but not mushy. Remove from pot with a slotted spoon or flat strainer, allow to cool slightly, and then slice diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces.
Add the potatoes to the pot and cook until they are barely tender. Start testing the potatoes’ texture after 7 minutes by piercing with a fork. When the potatoes are tender but not falling apart, remove them from the pot with a slotted spoon or strainer.
In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, beans, potatoes, green onions, and Kalamata olives. Pour half of the dressing over the ingredients in the bowl and toss lightly to cover. Add remaining dressing and toss lightly again. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Chill.