Curried Chicken Salad
by Lucia Watson, Chef , Lucia’s Restaurant, Minneapolis, Minn.
For a quick, tasty meal with a bit of zing, use orange zest and your favorite curry powder to liven up a chicken salad made with Smart Chicken breast.
- 2 cups Smart Chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced scallion (green and white part)
- 1/2 cup finely diced apple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or currants
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite curry powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
Combine all ingredients and serve on a bed of arugula or mixed greens.
For a little canapé, dice everything a bit finer and serve on toasted crouton rounds topped with sliced radishes and cilantro leaves.