- 1 pound Smart Chicken boneless skinless thighs
- 2 to 3 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup frozen peas, slightly defrosted
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- Lemon wedge for garnish (optional)
- Rice or noodles for serving
In a medium to large bowl, combine the chicken thighs, curry powder, garlic, ginger, salt, and oil. Let rest at room temperature while you prep the other ingredients (at least 20 minutes).
Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add oil and then chicken. Cook each side about 5 minutes or until just brown. Add coconut milk, stirring to deglaze the pan, and bring to a simmer. Cook about 20 minutes covered, stirring and turning the chicken occasional, until chicken is fork-tender. Remove the cover, add the cauliflower, and continue to simmer until cauliflower is soft and some of the sauce has reduced. Add peas and cook until heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt or curry powder as needed.
Serve over rice or noodles, garnished with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lemon.