This is a great make-ahead item for a picnic or backyard barbeque. Served hot or cold, it certainly won’t disappoint.
- 2 pounds small red new potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ears husked corn, cut or broken into thirds
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Toss the potatoes with the olive oil until thoroughly coated and season with salt and pepper. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet in a single even layer and place in the oven to roast about 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown and tender.
Meanwhile, combine the butter, lime juice, chili powder and crushed red pepper in a large bowl.
Toss the corn with the butter mixture to coat all over. Spread the corn on a rimmed baking pan in a single even layer. Place in the oven to roast about 15 minutes until just tender. Toss the potatoes and corn together and season with salt and pepper. Pour any remaining butter and oil over the corn and potatoes.
Combine the queso fresco and cilantro, and sprinkle over while warm. Serve hot or room temperature with lime wedges to squeeze over the corn.