This savory breakfast hash comes together quickly and easily on busy mornings, as most of the ingredients can be prepped the night before.
- 1 sweet potato, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 1 pound Smart Chicken fully cooked sausages, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs, for serving (optional)
Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook about 3 minutes, until potatoes are just barely tender. Drain well and set aside.
Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, red pepper, and sausage and cook until lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Add sweet potatoes. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring, until sweet potatoes are cooked through and are beginning to brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with a poached egg, if desired.