- 1 pound Smart Chicken Sweet Italian sausages
- About 25 appetizer skewers
- Antipasti ingredients of your choice:
- Fresh basil leaves
- Marinated olives
- Roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Provolone cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Coat the sausage links with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place the sausage links on a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Turn the sausages over and bake for another 10 minutes, until the internal temperature of the sausage reads 165°F.
While sausages are cooking, start assembling the skewers. Thread 3 or 4 antipasti pieces on a small wooden skewer, leaving room at the end of each skewer for a piece of sausage.
When sausages are fully cooked, remove the sausages from the oven. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch slices. Place one piece of sausage at the end of each skewer. Stand the skewer up on the sausage piece and serve warm.