Chicken Pasta Salad With Creamy Garlic Dressing
by Val VanderLaan, Assistant Food Service Director, New Leaf Community Markets, California
- 6 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces Smart Chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Creamy Garlic Dressing (recipe follows)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain, and lightly toss with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
In a large bowl toss the pasta with ½ cup of the Creamy Garlic Dressing. Add the romaine lettuce and chicken and toss well again to coat, adding more dressing if desired. Mix in half the amount of shredded parmesan cheese. Serve the salad on a platter and garnish with the remaining parmesan.
- Creamy Garlic Dressing
- Makes about 1 cup
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except the olive oil and blend well. Gradually drizzle in the olive oil until well blended.