Chicken Burger With Raspberry Mayo
by Renato De Pirro, Chef, Ristorante Cavour, Houston, Texas
- 2 pounds ground Smart Chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 fresh sage leaves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 6 buns
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 6 slices beefsteak tomato
- 6 slices fontina cheese
- Raspberry BBQ Mayo (recipe follows)
- Raspberry BBQ Mayo
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- Leaves from one sprig of thyme
- Leaves from one sprig of rosemary
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
Preheat grill to high and brush grates with oil.
Combine the chicken, butter, and sage together and mix well. Divide mixture into 6 equal parts, form into patties, and season each patty with salt and pepper. Grill the patties until well done, about 5 minutes per side. Top with cheese. Grill the inside faces of the buns until golden brown.
Start building your burger by spreading Raspberry BBQ Mayo on both sides of the bun. Layer the chicken burger, lettuce, tomato, and jalapeno.
Raspberry BBQ Mayo
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Mix until smooth.
Pairing: Oaky, California-style chardonnay