- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 8 boneless skinless Smart Chicken breasts
- Rolls for serving
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed, spun dry, and separated into leaves
In the insert of a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker, combine the butter, oil, and hot sauce.
Add the chicken to the sauce, turning it in the sauce to coat; you may have to stack the chicken in the cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, turning the chicken in the sauce a few times during the cooking time.
Remove the chicken from the sauce, and pick the meat from the bones using two forks. Return to the sauce and serve on the warm setting with rolls, butter lettuce leaves, and Blue Cheese Dressing (recipe follows).
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, mustard, and black pepper.
Fold in the blue cheese, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or up to 4 days.
Stir before serving.
Pairing: You want some fruit here, to balance the heat: Riesling, Pinot Noir, Samuel Adams Bonfire Rauchbier, or Brooklyn Lager.