Autumn Chicken With Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts & Apples
This one-pan recipe is a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors with minimal prep and a short roasting time that gets dinner to the table quickly and easily.
- 4 to 6 Smart Chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cored, trimmed, and halved
- 2 Fuji apples, cored and sliced
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices smoked bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces (optional)
Preheat oven to 450°F. To a gallon re-sealable plastic bag, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, herbs, and chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and massage mixture over chicken, working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside during veggie prep.
Combine sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples, and shallot on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread veggies into an even layer and top with chicken. Sprinkle bacon evenly over mixture. Roast in preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes (or until the thickest part of the chicken registers 165° on an instant-read thermometer). Broil during last few minutes for a golden-brown chicken, if desired.