Arugula & Citrus Salad
by Benjamin Maides, Chef, The Market House, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1 pound arugula
- 2 cara cara oranges (or navel oranges), supremed*
- 1 small grapefruit, supremed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbles
*To supreme a citrus fruit, start at the top of the fruit, cutting each orange downwards through the peel and pith, following the contour of the fruit to remove all of the peel and pith. With a paring knife, carefully remove the citrus supremes, cutting between the membranes.
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil, parsley, and any extra juice from the supremes. Toss in arugula and mix. To plate, top a bed of arugula with goat cheese and the citrus.