This easy one-pan meal brings together sweet and savory flavors for a weeknight dinner that’s fit for fall.
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package boneless skinless Smart Chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, plus more for serving
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
To a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ½ tablespoon of the oil and swirl to coat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sear chicken until golden-brown on both sides, then remove from pan and set aside.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon of the oil to the pan. Add the apple and onion to the pan, then season with salt and pepper and add the sage and rosemary. Cooking about four minutes, stirring occasionally, then add the chicken stock and Dijon. Return chicken to the pan and let cook until liquid is reduced by half.
Serve chicken with apples and onions. Drizzle with pan sauce and add fresh chopped sage for garnish (optional).